The city of Arequipa is located at 2300 m, also called the white city by the constructions made of sillar (blocks of rocks of volcano). Arequipa is surrounded on one side by landscapes of the Andes and the other of the coast, this city founded in the year 1540 is at the foot of the volcano Misti 5822 m, its architecture comprises numerous buildings with colonial architecture, one of the main attractions of the city is the founder’s masion, convent of Santa Catalina dating back to the 17th century.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands