Lares trek to Machu PPicchu Description
The Lares Trek to Machu Picchu offers hikers enchanting landscapes and interaction with rural Andean farmers dressed in their traditional ponchos with distinctive local colors. You will see stone houses with thatched roofs, magical mountain scenery, llamas and alpacas roaming freely in the mountains, and a total absence of frenetic tourist crowds, the beautiful Lares Valley has all the natural beauty of the Inca Trail – magical mountain scenery and the legacy of the Incas – but without the busy tourist crowds. The advantage of this trek is that permits are not required and, in theory, you could just turn up in Cusco and make a booking 2 or 3 days in advance. A wonderful hike offering a unique view into the lifestyles and traditions of the Andean people.
The Lares Trek is similar in difficulty to the Inca Trail (with one challenging 4,100m / 13,123 ft high pass). 2 nights camping and one night accommodation in Aguas Calientes, and an early bus ride up to Machu Picchu on day 4.
- Relax in the hot springs and visit an Andean community to learn ancient traditions
- Experience the best of Peru, from the Lares Valley Highlands to the Machu Picchu Inca city.
- Learn from the experienced Cusquenian guides, who are passionate about Inca Culture and the Mountains.
- Hike through the communities of the Andes and witness authentic Andean traditions.
- Follow local expert guides who pass on their Inca’s knowledge.
Keeping You Safe During COVID-19
- Use of a face mask mandatory for travelers in all public areas.
- Use of mandatory face mask for guides in all public areas.
- Hand sanitizer available for travelers and staff.
- Mandatory social distancing throughout the experience High traffic areas.
- Regularly disinfected transport vehicles.
- Temperature controls for travelers at the beginning of the experience