- Mountain bike through the lush hills of the Incas’ Sacred Valley.
- Pedal around Huaypo lakeside on the way to Moray.
- Go for a 21 miles (35 km) mountain bike drive through the Andes. Your day will be leaded by local and experienced guides.
- Go mountain biking in the Sacred Valley of the Incas and arrive to Maras salt pans.
- Trek across the remote Andean valleys and visit the breathtaking Rainbow Mountain.
This Peru mountain bike tour offers high altitude cycling through the Andean mountains near Cusco, passing the city of Maras and the Inca terraces of Moray. This second site was used for experimenting with different types of crops at different temperature conditions; as such, Moray was known as the Inca’s agricultural laboratory.
This Maras – Moray biking tour is suitable for all types of riders as it has fairly easy sections over its roughly 35km length. We’ll pass by small villages, see sweeping views of the high plain and surrounding mountains, and marvel as hummingbirds and butterflies buzz by. The route also takes in the Salineras, or salt drying ponds. Here, some 5,000 salt ponds slowly evaporate and offer up their tasty minerals. This cycling tour is an excellent way to explore Cusco’s surroundings.