Rainbow Mountain Peru tour full day
- Hike in one day on the picturesque Rainbow Mountain near the ”®Kingdom of the Sky”Æ on an altitude of over 5000m.
- Hike up the rainbow mountain and admire its natural colorful beauty.
- Trek through a wild landscape full of alpacas, llamas and snowy mountains.
- Enjoy the views of the snowy Andean mountain tops and the colorful rainbow mountain.
- Trek across the remote Andean valleys and visit the breathtaking Rainbow Mountain.
The Mountain of 7 colors or Rainbow Mountain, are names used by local people to call this beautiful place (Vinincunca - Arcoiris), is located in the Department of Cusco between the provinces of Quispicanchis and Canchis. This mountain is special because it is possible to see the colors of the rainbow and depending on the season and climatic conditions is appreciated with greater or less intensity, to this spectacular view is added the combination of the snowy mountains of the Vilcanota mountain range, see South American camelids such as llamas, alpacas, vicuĆ±as and with a little luck we can see the condor, the largest bird in the world flying over the mountains.
For this and many reasons was included by "National Geographic" as one of the 100 places that one must visit before leaving to the afterlife.
Pick up from the hotel between 3:00 and 3:30 am, we will take an approximate 2 hour journey in our tourist transportation to the town of Pitucarca, where we will enlist for the walk and have our breakfast 6:30 am.
We start the walk up to the rainbow mountain, this first part is 3 hours until you reach the vantage point of Vinicunca, where you will have a spectacular view of the snowy Ausangate and the Mountain of colors (Rainbow Mountain). After having free time for some photos and contemplating this beautiful landscape, we will begin the descent trek to the village of Pitunarca where we are waiting for a delicious lunch and then return to Cusco approximately 18:30 pm.
As an alternative to hiking, you can rent a horse for your comfort. Request this service at the time of the quote.
- Pick up from hotel
- Transportation Cusco - Pitumarca - Cusco
- Professional Guide
- Horse that has a cost of 30 dollars
What we recommended to bring
- Walking Shoes or Comfortable Shoes
- Replacement T-Shirt
- Photographic camera
- Lemon and coca candy
- Jacket for rain
- Warm coat
From $89.00 USD per person
We also offer personalized rainbow mountain tour in private groups. If you are interested in taking a private tour with us, please clarify in form.
Price are per person and in USD (United States Dollar).