SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
- Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
- Code: TR1703
- Enjoy sweeping views of the hight Jungle from the Wiñayhuayna archaeological site.
- Spend two days on the Inca trail in Peru´s most famous Machu Picchu protected area.
- Hike the famous Inca Trail, full of brilliant Andes scenery.
- Get to know and experience centuries-old Incas knowledge in just two days.
- Hike a part of the famous Inca trail in the Great Vilcabamba Mountain range.
2 days Inca Trail description
Not enough time in Cusco? Or you find there's no tickets left for the Classic Inca Trail trek?
The 2 day Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu is your best choice. During the 2 day Inca Trail trek, our professional guide will explain the breath-taking archeological sites along the way. The difficulty of the trek is easy. You only walk 10 kms on the first day, and stay overnight in Aguas Calientes. Then you will visit Machu Picchu on the second day. You will explore the natural elements, and culture of Inca in this 2 day hike.
If you are interested in this route, we highly suggest you book 3 months prior to arriving in Cusco, in case the Inca Trail permits are sold out.
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - KM. 104 - Machu Picchu
We will pick you up from your hotel and then drive to the Ollantaytambo train station. From here we will take the train to Km. 104, where we will begin our walk by crossing the Urubamba (Vilcanota) River, and visit the archaeological complex of Chachabamba. After a brief visit, we will start a four-hour climb to Wiñay Wayna (2,700m / 8,858ft). At this point, the trek will join the main Inca Trail route.
Finally, we will arrive at the Inti Punku (Sun Gate), the entrance gate overlooking Machu Picchu. From here, we will wind our way 40 minutes down a sinuous path to reach Machu Picchu citadel (2,450m / 8,038ft). Then, we will take a bus to Aguas Calientes, and our hotel. At night we will visit the hot springs at the north end of town (optional).
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Our day begins with a private guided tour of Machu Picchu, one of the modern Wonders of the World. Built by Inca Emperor Pachacuteq, this spectacular city has houses, temples, storage buildings and a huge main plaza, all connected with tight streets and stairways. The steep slopes around Machu Picchu are covered in terraces once used for agriculture, possibly to grow the corn used to make the chicha (corn beer) used in sacred rituals and ceremonies.
After the two-hour guided visit, you will have free time to enjoy this spiritual Inca citadel. We’ll return to Ollantaytambo, and then to your Cusco hotel.
- Min 02 - Max 10
- Km 104 Chachabamba
- Sun Gate
- Machu Picchu
- Aguas Calientes
- Private bus from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Km.104
- Entrance tickets.
- Professional guide (English & Spanish)
- Meals: 1 breakfast / 1 lunch / 1 dinner.
- Bus from Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu.
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Return bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Oxygen bottle and First aid kit
- Last lunch in Aguas Calientes
What we recommended to bring
- Walking shoes or boots
- Light clothes
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle
- Wind breaker jacket, hat, sunblock, sunglasses
- Chocolates, candies, and other snacks.
- Extra money in Nuevos Soles (Peruvian national currency)
Short Inca Trail Map
We also offer personalized Inca Trail 2 days in private groups. If you are interested in taking a private tour with us, please clarify in thecontact form.
The 2 day inca trail prices are per person, and in USD (United States Dollar).
Get your quote
Short Inca Trail FAQs
The Classic Inca trail starts at Piscacucho Km 82, and the Short Inca Trail begins at Chachabamba Km 104, and is not necessary to use porters or camps since you sleep in a hostel when arriving in Aguas Calientes.
This route is a quick way to visit Machu Picchu and explore the Inca Trail, visit two important archaeological remains: Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna, and culminating at the majestic Machu Picchu.
Each person has a nutritious box lunch in the Wiñayhuayna camp site.